Human Resources Advisor
- Full time ongoing
- Melbourne CBD location
About the Organisation
The Accident Compensation Conciliation Service (ACCS) is an independent statutory authority which operates in accordance with the Workplace Injury and Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2013. The ACCS helps resolve workers' compensation disputes in Victoria between workers and employers and/or WorkCover agents or self-insurers using the principles of Alternative Dispute Resolution. Requests for conciliation are usually brought to the ACCS by the worker.
About the role
As a member of this fast paced Human Resources team, the Human Resources Advisor will act as a key point of contact for all general HR queries across the business ensuring consistent delivery of accurate, timely, proactive HR advice across a number of different disciplines including HR policies and procedures.
Skills, Duties and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field such as Human Resources, Business or Learning and Development would be highly desirable.
- Highly developed demonstrated emotional intelligence.
- Highly developed knowledge of, and experience in the application of contemporary HR procedures and practices.
- Demonstrated high level of ability to interact proactively with management and staff at all levels of the organisation in the resolution of HR issues.
- Demonstrated competence in conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills and knowledge of the role.
- Proven ability to contribute towards the development and implementation of HR programs.
- Ability to compile statistics and trending reports with high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated initiative to meet the needs of the organisation.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, including interviewing, coaching, negotiating and report writing.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (eg PowerPoint, Word, Excel), Lotus Notes mail and calendar applications.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills with ability to operate at the most senior levels.
- Demonstrated commitment to adopting and adhering to public sector values and behaviours.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. You will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
Applications close Sunday 22 April 2018. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives. The ACCS is striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve. For further details please contact Sophie Gazzaniga on 03 9940 1040 or visit www.conciliation.vic.gov.au.
The position description is available here.