Human Resources Business Support Officer
- Fixed Term until 30/6/2019
- Melbourne CBD location
About the Organisation
The Accident Compensation Conciliation Service (ACCS) is an independent statutory authority which operates in accordance with the Workplace Injury and Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2013. The ACCS helps resolve workers' compensation disputes in Victoria between workers and employers and/or WorkCover agents or self-insurers using the principles of Alternative Dispute Resolution. Requests for conciliation are usually brought to the ACCS by the worker.
About the role
As a member of this fast paced Human Resources team, the Human Resources Business Support Officer plays an integral part in the administrative support function for the Human Resources and Change Management Director (including Executive Assistant and financial duties) and the broader Human Resources team.
Skills, Duties and Experience
- Manage requirements and support the Human Resources and Change Management Director with a range of administrative duties including diary management, Board papers preparation and distribution;
- Develop, create and/or coordinate all required meeting-related correspondences, including but not limited to: background materials, agendas, action items, papers, follow up of requirements and other ancillary requirements in support of the Human Resources and Change Management Director and team.
- Provide support in managing the OHS and wellbeing program
- Deliver high quality project support to the HR team and wider activities including assisting with setting up and management of ad-hoc events;
- Monitor, promote and coordinate the OHS risk management program on an ongoing basis; including inspections, risk assessments, audits and incident investigations.
- Liaison with internal and external stakeholders; with particular emphasis on working with the senior leaders to successfully implement OHS Action Plans
- Provide high level administrative support, such as scribing and minute taking during meetings, interviews and Board Committees;
- Apply a developed understanding of interrelationships between stakeholders and other business teams to achieve team goals;
- Collaborate with and participate in regular discussions with team members to ensure project and program timelines, milestones and deliverables are met.
- Public Sector Finance and Procurement development experience
- Process invoices and Service Agreements
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (eg PowerPoint, Word, Excel), Lotus Notes mail and calendar applications.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills with ability to engage at the most senior levels.
- Demonstrated commitment to adopting and adhering to public sector values and behaviours.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. You will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
Applications close Sunday 22 April 2018. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives. The ACCS is striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve. For further details contact Sophie Gazzaniga on 03 9940 1040 or visit www.conciliation.vic.gov.au.
The position description is available here.