Gender Equality Action Plan: 2022 - 2025
The Gender Equality Act 2020 commenced on 31 March 2021. The GE Act requires the Victorian public sector, local councils and universities to take positive action towards achieving workplace gender equality, and to consider and promote gender equality in their policies, programs and services.
As ACCS is a defined entity under The GE Act, we have obligations that we must comply with, including:
- completing a Workplace Gender Audit;
- developing and implementing a Gender Equality Action Plan;
- publicly reporting on our progress towards workplace gender equality;
- promoting gender equality in policies, programs and services that impact the public; and
- completing Gender Impact Assessments.
Gender Equality Action Plan (GEAP):
On 5 August 2022, the Commission for Gender Equality in the Public Sector approved our first Gender Equality Action Plan (GEAP).
The GEAP is designed to help us plan, implement and measure change in order to work towards achieving workplace gender equality within our organisation. Our Workplace Gender Audit data is included to enable us to assess the current state of gender equality at ACCS, particularly under the lens of the workplace gender equality indicators listed above.
The GEAP includes strategies and measures to improve gender equality at ACCS, based off the audit results. An important of developing our GEAP was to capture the many different views, insights and experiences of our people.